Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:35:55 +0100, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
The good quality D size NiMH cells tempt me
to purchase. But, I don't use that much
equipment that has D cells. And, so far,
alkalines do the job.

My marine GPS uses AA NiMH cells and I find that the self-discharge rate
on them is quite high - high enough that I need to charge the batteries
the night before each use.

Everything should be using Li Ion. I have a head torch which runs for 24 HOURS at a decent brightness (about the same as one car dipped beam) on two cells. They're jumbo AA cells, a bit fatter and a bit longer. It also runs for 5 hours on full beam.

--
The wife suggested I get myself one of those penis enlargers, so I did.
She's 21, and her name's Kathy.