Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On 5/6/2016 2:35 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

My marine GPS uses AA NiMH cells and I find that the self-discharge rate
on them is quite high - high enough that I need to charge the batteries
the night before each use.

The earlier NiMH had a rapid self discharge.
The more recent ones aren't so bad. It is
also possible your cells had a lot of
discharge cycles.

I hope you have a spare set of alkaline
batteries on board. I've had at least once
when I had a set of dead batteries, about
4 flight of stairs higher than my van. That
made for a long, long walk. And a lot of
self flagellation along the way.

--
..
Christopher A. Young