Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Another ú20 bet won from an apprentice

In article ,
Nick wrote:
In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Thu, 5 May 2016 22:36:00 +0100, ARW wrote:

Does he know there are an arse load of speed cameras on the

southern
section that are now activated even when the variable limit is at

70?

****

That will be me: then-(

I drove from a job in Dartford to Heathrow before OUR race began.

I set the cruse control at 95mph

And presumably each camera is a seperate offence at 3 points/camera
so after 4 cameras, 12 points, bye bye licence, thats assuming it's
not bye by licence at the first one at 25 mph above the limit...

IIRC the North Wales police tried that on with someone - the judge said
it was a single offence. I last got caught at 96 by a car rather than
camera around 8 years ago on the M5 south. It was the standard 3 points
and £60. I suspect they were being kind as I'd just got the thing and
was wondering how fast it would comfortably go. Over 100 is a ban, I
believe.

Having said that "cruse (sic) control at 95" and the M25 doesn't
compute.

Having once spent over 8 hours doing A3 to A1 (where I gave up) and
back, I agree.

and, I'm doing that tomorrow morning ;-)

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England