Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Competance of 'engineers' - Smart Meters

On 06/05/2016 10:44, tim... wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 05/05/2016 20:48, Steve Walker wrote:
That means being there by 06:30 if I don't want a 2 hour or longer wait.

It isn't the wait that is the problem for me. (It would just be a
boring inconvenience.) For quite a number of blood tests, time matters.

Our local hospital phlebotomy opens at 08:00 which, with luck, means a
draw just early enough. The GP appointments don't even start before
09:00.

Time wouldn't be quite such an issue if the medics even realised the
importance of time of draw. They don't. So they don't, actually can't,
make any allowance. Diagnosis, adjustments to medication, etc., can
all be affected because of this desperate ignorance. (Yes - there is
recognition of time for some tests.) Nor do they recognise that far
more tests are affected by fasting/not fasting than is ever acknowledged.

My GP (receptionists) insist that if you have a fasting requirement
you*must* have your appointment before 9:30.

Why is it that I cannot be trusted to fast until 10:30 if I am told that
I have to? (Bearing in mind all the other things that they have to
trust that I do, or not, they they have no checks for)

Its nothing to do with trust.
How many suffer ill effects from fasting too long?

I get mine done at ~07:00 if its fasting.