Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On 5/6/2016 11:02 AM, Jack wrote:
I think the Energizer D-cell NiMH are actually AA-cell inside as well
but I could not find the specs listed on the Energizer site to confirm.

My two D-cell LED flashlights are powered by Powerex brand. Nice thing
about NiMH is that they don't leak so won't destroy your flashlight.

IIRC, the AA cells are about 2,000 to 2,500
mA hours. Some brands of D NiMH are as high
as 10,000 mA hours.

The good quality D size NiMH cells tempt me
to purchase. But, I don't use that much
equipment that has D cells. And, so far,
alkalines do the job.

One friend of mine in South Carolina (gets a
bit hotter, there) swears by good brand of
D-NIMH cells for his flashlights in vehicles.
Says that in the summer heat, even alkalines
are known to leak.

I've seen leaky nicads, but that was some
cells which were a decade or so old. I've
never had a NiMH leak.

--
..
Christopher A. Young