Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On 5/6/2016 1:18 AM, Dev Null wrote:
On 5/5/2016 8:02 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2016 22:46:04 -0700, Dev Null wrote:
On 5/5/2016 5:00 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

Cut open a NiMH or NiCd C or D cell. You will find an AA cell inside.
In the GE's I cut open, tipped off by the identical Ahr ratings, the
AA cell even had the label on it just like the ones they sold as AA.

That's because you buy cheap flea-bay crap batteries.

Nope. Major retail store. Full price. Thanks for playing.

Anyone who pays full price at a major retail store for inferior
batteries got a good ****in'.
I'll bet you're drippin' like a newlywed bride when they get done with you.

ROFLMAO!

Yah, Winston was unwittingly duped.

I think the Energizer D-cell NiMH are actually AA-cell inside as well
but I could not find the specs listed on the Energizer site to confirm.

My two D-cell LED flashlights are powered by Powerex brand. Nice thing
about NiMH is that they don't leak so won't destroy your flashlight.