Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / life of battery types

On 5/5/2016 7:47 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2016 18:30:49 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

CY: The ones I call Cree tend to be

Yes, but you tend to call usenet, "the lists" and an radio amateur's
go-bag something like a radio evacuation bag.

Stormin' likes to make up his own name for things.

square, and mounted on a circuit board or heat sink.

They are mounted on an integral heat sink. That's because they are
meant to dissipate high powers. It's simply physics. CREE may have
invented the design but it's pretty obvious to anyone that does
design. Not all CREE products are built that way. Other companies use
nearly identical designs.

The physical construction and the brand name are not related, except
in your mind.

You know, it's nice to share ideas with list writers
such as your self. Nice of you to bring up my radio
out bag. Makes me wonder if I need another flashlight
in my radio out bag. I ought to post to the list, and
see what the list writers have to say.

One of my handi talkies has a LED (not a cree emitter)
on top. Push one button and it blinks, again and it's
on steady. The light on top isn't all that useful, it
points in a really odd direction.

--
..
Christopher A. Young