Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On 5/5/2016 6:30 PM, Danny DiAmico wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 16:49:28 -0400, JC wrote:

Fedex, always cheaper.

I'm actually surprised that FedEx is "always cheaper" than UPS.
If that's true, I wonder why?

Of course, it could be simply a business decision, or, maybe they
have inherent efficiencies over UPS?

Why would Fedex be "always cheaper" than UPS (for typical packages)?

UPS is union labor, Fedex are not, which is why they are sometimes
really crap at deliveries using contracted white van guys. I've had
plenty of problems with fedex but they usually sort it in my favor. Not
knocking UPS, they are good but also have a few bad guys. For a washing
machine board I'd use USPS priority. (Use the free boxes). Never lost
one package in 16 years.

You seem to be overworking the washing machine thing, for $60 I'd go for
the "tested working" board, if it don't work or blows up when installed
you get your money back through Ebay (no contest there) and you probably
know there is something else wrong that's blowing up the board. Same
thing will happen with your $200 rebuild. Scary stuff.