Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / life of battery types

On 5/5/2016 6:47 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 23:30:49 +0100, Stormin Mormon
Huh? I assume "CREE emitter" is a type of LED, like the ones I have in
some of my household bulbs.

CY: The ones I call Cree tend to be square, and
mounted on a circuit board or heat sink. LED
are dome shaped with two wires. Seldom heat sunk.

They are all LEDs.

CY: I go by what the sellers call them.

6 times. And surely they only make that mistake once? Anyway, in the
UK at least, everyone has heard of alkaline, usually Duracell.

CY: In the early 1980s, I did life tests of carbon
and alkaline batteries. I tried high drain (pocket
flash light, AA cells) and low drain (tape recorder
using C cells). My tests came up four to one. Did you
do the tests, or do you have an online link? It may
well have changed, since then.

I was going by Duracell's advertising, which may be false. Probably a
good alkaline vs a ****ty zinc carbon gives you a ratio of 6.

CY: What a shift. Above, I go by the web page.
Here, you are the one who is quoting the web
page.

--
..
Christopher A. Young