Steve(JazzHunter)

Default dell p1110 monitor

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:51:13 GMT, "Bruce Wayne"
wrote:

Damn..I am a total noob at this..I have found the focus controls but cannot
find the control marked screen. It does have 2 focus controls. If anyone
could point me to it in reference to the focus controls it would be of great
help...I don't want to get myself electrocuted..LOL

The thing to try first is to let the monitor warmup then go to the
color menu and run "color return." (It only lets you do this after 20
minutes or so.) This is the auto white balance circuit which is
supposed to set the beam currents to a reference point. That has
restored proper brightness to a couple of Dell/Sony P1110 monitors
I've encountered.

There is no screen control. The two focus controls are horizontal and
vertical/edge horizontal. This overbrightness problem can be caused
by the resistor to the G1 pin going high. Or circuit drift may mean
that increasing the value of the G2 resistor (20 megs) will drop the
voltage enough to restore normal bias range.

. Steve ...

TIA

Bruce

"Wayne" wrote in message news:3ff6e8ac.661551@shawnews...
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:14 GMT, "Bruce Wayne"
wrote:

Hey guys,
anyone know how to adjust the brightness from inside the chasis on this
monitor..the brightness controls on the front are set to 0 but the unit

is
still a little too bright..I found the focus adjustments with the chasis
cover off..
TIA

This is a known problem with the Dell P1110, and there is a hardware
fix to resolve it. Get someone else to do this if you are not
comfortable/safe working inside a monitor. Get the download from the
Sony section at this site...
http://www.geocities.com/monitorss/schematics.html

Wayne