Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Thu, 05 May 2016 18:07:58 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/5/2016 11:28 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 16:21:35 +0100, Stormin Mormon
Yes, that is correct. The battery in question
is a carbon zinc D cell, worth about 35 cents.
It will self discharge in about a year, and
then I can put it in the trash without getting
any use out of it.

This is unusual. With the usage time you got, I assume it's an LED
torch. D cells haven't been around for ages. LED torches tend to take
AA or the Lithium Ion equivalent. Is this a home made torch or a
conversion?

Please read some of my other posts, under
similar subject lines. I've explained all
this. And I thought clearly so.

Why would you think I or anyone else has the time to read every single post?

D cells have been around for at least 60 years.
I have a flashlight "torch" that belonged to my
great grand father, takes two D cells.

And lasts 12 hours?

--
An elderly British gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French
customs desk he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on