Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default LED strip light over workbench?

On Thu, 5 May 2016 08:51:07 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 5 May 2016 16:00:05 UTC+1, Adam Funk wrote:
The tube in the fluorescent light over my workbench in the cellar has
failed. Before buying another (T8 36W 4ft) I thought I'd look into a
new LED-based fitting of similar size. I've looked at the TLC, Ikea,
& Wickes but not found anything. Am I imagining that such a thing
exists?

depending on what you are doing in the workshop, when they were discussing going LED here the subject of rotating machines came up and how some LED lights might cause problems, and would need special diffusers fitted to reduce or ellimminate possible flicker.

Are there diffusers that add persistence then and in any case I
thought most (so not discounting 'some' of course g) LED lamps ran
from fully rectified DC so there shouldn't be much flicker in the
first place?

Interested to know for the new workshop lights (around the lathe).

Cheers, T i m