Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Phone listening stops working

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 8:38:27 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2016 07:51:16 -0500, legg wrote:

On Tue, 03 May 2016 23:06:33 -0400, Micky
wrote:

I live in Md. and have Verizon copper for phone and DSL. The phone I
use mostly and for these incidents is hard-wired, though fwliw the
base of that phone is also the connection for cordless phones that are
available to it, but none have been in use during this problem: Lately
there have been seemingly random interruptions in my ability to hear,
though others can always hear me.

I am going to feed back what I understood from your description of the problem.

a) You have a Uniden (Chinese) hard-wired all the way phone that goes dumb sometimes - does not speak to the other end.
b) This is the only phone in your dwelling that displays this problem.
c) You have done the obvious - checked the connections, wiggled the jacks and so forth. No help.
These cheap Chinese phones are all-on-a-chip devices, acutely sensitive to any sort of spike on the line and also age out with startling regularity. If no other phone in the house displays this problem, replace the Uniden.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA