Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
zwOtp Mighty Wannabe EOoRn zwOtp Mighty  Wannabe EOoRn is offline

Default Flashlight temptation

sms wrote on 5/3/2016 7:05 AM:
On 5/2/2016 9:32 PM, aEQZZ *ighty Wannabe dTaCh wrote:

Primary poles mean nothing in November.

Sorry for using "poles" instead of "polls". I was replying to "T" and
that was how he/she spelled it. It look odd to me at the time I was
typing it.

Poles cannot vote in U.S. elections.

50% of the voters are women, plus the Black and Hispanic votes - the Rs
are doomed.

I predict a Hillary landslide. Standby for a repeat of 8 years of
Clinton budget surplus, milk & honey, cornucopia, nirvana, Utopia

It looks dismal for the Republicans, but to blame Trump for this is not
correct. With the demographic shifts the only way Republicans can win,
electorally, is to select a candidate with a lot of crossover appeal,
that can win the large swing states while retaining the traditionally
Republican states. Even at the beginning of the primary season, with 17
candidates, there wasn't a single one with a lot of crossover appeal.
Prior to the scandal in New Jersey, it was thought that Chris Christie
would have the most crossover appeal since he is not a Teavangelical.

Right now, the crossover votes look to be about even, 9% of Democrats
for Trump, 8% of Republicans for Clinton. That 1% Trump advantage in
crossover votes is not nearly enough.

Trump will do worse than Romney or McCain, but they could not win
either. He will at least do better than Barry Goldwater.

Trump will lose the election in November. That's why the GOP wants to
deny him of his nomination.

If Trump runs against Hillary in November, the voters will pick Hillary
(the lessor of two evils).