Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Went from a single leaky toilet

On 5/2/2016 6:19 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 05:58:47 -0500, philo wrote:
Then there is this (which I posted maybe a year ago):

While fiddling with a leaky toilet my wife told me a dozen times to
"call a plumber!" Since I really did not want to fool with it anyway I
took her advice and thought, "well there goes $500."

Nope, he quoted me $2000! I'm serious!

Fortunately the service call just to come out was just $64 and he did a
thorough inspection of the pipes.

I went to Home Depot, spent $85 for a new toilet which works just fine.

It took me an hour to put it in.

-
Did he have his finger on the trigger while he pointed that toilet at
your head, and reached for your wallet?

Two grand sounds a bit extreme, for a toilet. Even
installed. Did it at least have ATR?

-
..
Christopher A. Young