Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny DiAmico[_2_] Danny DiAmico[_2_] is offline

Default PICTURES: Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine"popped"

On Sun, 01 May 2016 23:40:24 +0000, Danny DiAmico wrote:

Thanks for all your advice; I think it's the Motor Control Unit
(Whirlpool P/N 8540540).

The part number seems to be either 8540540 or AKO 706497-05
based on this sticker on the Whirlpool WFW8410SW motor control
board.
http://i.cubeupload.com/H3k19q.gif

I wonder what caused the board to blow up? Notice this capacitor
has a hole blown in it, for example:
http://i.cubeupload.com/UQQp1S.gif

Do you think if I put in a new board, that it will also blow?