Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filling a tire with "Great Stuff" expandable foam

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:20:55 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/30/2016 09:48 AM, Harry K wrote:
Not all tires need to flex. I was having trouble with constant flats from thorns on the trailer for my garden tractor. Tire shop suggested replacing them with solid tires. Yep, they ahd them, I got them, they are great. For wheelbarrows, carts, and such use there is no need for "flex".

Ever try Slime? I've used it in bicycle tires in areas where goathead
thorns are prevalent and it worked well.

Mr. Tuffy lines also help a lot:

http://www.mrtuffy.com/

They don't have anything specifically for garden tires but I'd think the
fat tire version could be adapted.

I bought some time with slime in a lawn tractor tire but normal
running will not spread it around enough. The second time, I manually
rotated the wheel (dismounted) in all axis, trying to get an even coat
all over. That held for a year or two.