Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement sight glass

On 30/04/16 22:44, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:09:39 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:52:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 23:06:08 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Why not at the local glass company. Get tempered ?! Tough stuff.
They probably can't groove premade stuff or temper cut glass.

Bigger problem is cutting tempered glass.

And why would you pay $50 an hour (for possibly an hour or more) for
someone to attempt to make something you can buy ready made for less
than half an hour's labour???

When I mentioned local glass companies, I was thinking 1/4" plate
glass, not tempered. For a hoist, it should work, but you're not
readily going to groove it cheaply or easily.

--
EAT RIGHT, KEEP FIT, DIE ANYWAY.
--anon

Aw, Hell. Gimme CHOCOLATE!
--LJ

judging from the OPs pics it wasn't tempered in the first place or it
would have broken up far more.