John Woodgate

Default Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart

I read in sci.electronics.design that Watson A. Name - Watt Sun, Dark
Remover wrote (in MPG.1a5f3516dea0d48d989af3@n
ews.dslextreme.com) about 'Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart',
on Fri, 2 Jan 2004:
I finally found the adapter at Rat Shack. http://tinyurl.com/2784r

$3.99? That's for a hundred?

I could make one out of an F panel socket and a Belling-type line socket
for GBP 0.63 at one-off prices from Rapid Electronics in UK

Oh, I suppose at the current exchange rate, that about $4. (;-)

CPC (a Farnell company) has all four permutations of socket/plug for
prices from GBP 0.69 to GBP 1.36 at one-off prices. But delivery is not
free.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!