Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
fish on fish on is offline

Default Powered crimping tool equivalent to COPALUM tool

replying to SQLit, fish on wrote:
Anytime there is s solution to the problem everyone wants to find a way to
circumvent the fix.Aluminum wiring is a problem,cheap homeowners and handymen
and Mr.Fix it ate bigger problems when it comes to aluminum wiring.There's a
reason why you need to be a licensed electrician and certified in this
process.Aluminum wiring because of it's characteristics needs to be handled
gingerly with proper syrippers so as not to nick wire which is an altogether
different problem than joining 2 dissimilar materials.Anyway would you use a
janitor to to perform surgery or terminate high voltage cables .don't think
so.I am an electrician certified with Tyco Amp for copalum remediation.I have
seen so many botched jobs from homeowners and uneducated electricians when it
comes to aluminum remediation using purple twisters and alumicon connectors
because of nicked wiresand trying to jam more wires than the allowed by these
2 methods.Wires are burnt and then cut shorter because of previous fix
attempt. Get it done right once and hire a qualified electrician.What price do
you put on safety?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ool-21140-.htm