Active8

Default Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:07:32 -0800, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dark
Remover" said...
In article ,
mentioned...
[snip]

I did this a while back. Replaced the 7806 in the wall wart with a 7805.
Wade

Yeah, but I've got four or five of them and I didn't want to crack
them open and then have to deal with the hassles of a case that's no
longer solidly sealed.

Try JB weld. It's been used on radiators, engine blocks, IIRC it
resists gasoline. I've used it for small auto body patches - it can
be filed, Shurformed, and sanded. Other epoxies would work just as
well.

And besides, they were only two bucks apiece.
I may bave paid more for their shipping.

LOL. You'll pay $5-$6 for the JB Weld at the hardware store.

The shipping kills me sometimes, though. Min S&H charge for a $2
item when you can place a $30 order for the same S&H.

Also, I bot four of the 6VDC unregulated wall warts at the same time,
and they have about 7 or 8V output unloaded. I don't think they have
enough voltage to allow a 7805 to work properly, at least not up to
200 mA, because the DC voltage drops down to near 6V at that current.

But 6VDC is a convenient value, used by a lot of equipment that has
four AA cells. So I have them just in case I want to 'electrify' one
of those ol' radios or whatever.

--
Best Regards,
Mike