Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

lid wrote:
The local guy is;
http://albionwindows.co.uk/

albiion quoted approx 6,200, whereas Everest quoted approx 6,500

I suppose both of them are quite reputable.

What shall I do to decide, toss a coin? Is there really anything
between them? whisky-dave seems happy with Everest.

Everest subcontract. That means it /is/ a local guy fitting your windows,
just you pay for the salesman and head office to waste your time. That
subcontractor is being paid a lot less.

Have you asked more than one local guy? There's likely to be a range in
pricing, and I would guess the one you have is at the top end.

My ballpark is a factor of 2 between Everest's initial quote and 'best'
price, and then 30% off down to the lowest 'local guy'.

Theo