Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

RJH wrote:
On 29/04/2016 16:52, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:25:55 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

snip

Some inlaws had a new uPVC downstairs bay fitted by a national and
the who job was a mess ... and because the couple were elderly and
frail, didn't want them back in the house to make the job right so
got me to do it instead.

There were gaps between the window frame and bay post you could see
the road though and the internal windowsill was held in place with
silicon and stacks of spacers (15 high) likes the leaning Tower of
Pizza. Plus of course, uPVC trim and silicon *everywhere*.

What I don't follow with these situations is why they paid for the
job - unless they paid up front?

Anyone who has ever seen 'Watchdog' will have seen these 'sharks''
who start off with one vastly inflated price and slowly come down to
nearer what it should have been in the first place. Anyone conducting
their business like that should be avoided at all cost IMHO.

I had a DG quote once. A part of me died in those three hours. He
ended up stating that his children would go hungry if I didn't accept
the job.

Ha!
One bloke quoted me £800 for a small front door many years ago. When I
laughed he said "Give us a tenner".