Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

On 29/04/2016 17:58, lid wrote:

The local guy is;
http://albionwindows.co.uk/

albiion quoted approx 6,200, whereas Everest quoted approx 6,500

I suppose both of them are quite reputable.

What shall I do to decide, toss a coin? Is there really anything
between them? whisky-dave seems happy with Everest.

Do some more digging.....

If I were looking I'd get a quote from
https://www.yell.com/biz/crystal-win...15733/#reviews
http://crystalwindows.co.uk/service/faq/
http://winsealwindows.co.uk/contact-us/about-us.html

First 2 that caught me eye.

Ask for local references.
Speak to them and get a feel for them on a personal scale, anything that
is a "familly run business" and has been established for 10 or more
years has to be worth checking out..

Albion, to me look like a company set up by an ex employee of one of the
nationals who know what they'd quote and have gone a shade under. Might
even have a source feeding them quotes for back handers as it's so close
to the original.

Re-read the advice from others here.
We have absolutely nothing to gain so why would the majority be in
agreement?

Enough from me.
I self-fitted my 6 windows as I'm incredibly finikity (and they were all
ground level and no existing windows to remove) and saved myself £500
for a weekends work plus I know they're fitted superbly.