Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

We foolishly let Anglian into the house (as a benchmark price to compare
local companies with).
After the salesman completely ignored my request to cut the crap
doubleglazing "offers" and go straight for the final price of 50% less
than the fake "list" price we ended up kicking him out.
He played all the "let me make a phone call to my manager to see if
there are any offers left in your post code for show cases" cards.
I think 5 or 6 "special discounts" came out of the hat....

My advice is to go for a local family run business that's got nothing to
do with "Anglian Home Improvements" or any other national chain.
If they don't get the sale they appear to sell on all your details to
every "independent" Anglian affiliate in a 100 mile range.

There are local companies everywhere that manufacture windows using the
same window profile.

Ones I just fitted were from an established family run Bristol company
who used aluminium profile from "smart systems" (also a local company
but one that makes window profiles (aluminium and uPVC) for companies
all over the UK)

Be warned though, even local companies seem to sub-contract out the
fitting these days and a great install one day may be done by cowboys 6
months later.
As our neighbours found out recently when they recommended a local
company to their friends...

Cheers - Pete