Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bnwelch@gmail.com is offline

Default looking for a decent plywood for a crawlspace "floor"

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 8:06:44 AM UTC-4, Fredd Wright wrote:

So Fredd, just be aware that floating containers tip and be preparred to
take them out when the hurricane hits. If you think you'll be busy with
other things, just don't store anything you can't afford to lose in there.

Puckdropper

OK, first i figured out the whole cut and paste thing. Second, no i'm not storing stuff in jars. Mainly junk that's cluttering up the rest of the house. I learned my lesson during Hurricane Irene when i lost my original boxed Nintendo entertainment system. The stuff i'm talking about are things that i don't want to get wet but i could potentially save if they did.

I'm liking the idea of the pavers for the floor and, for containers, i'm thinking what would be ideal would be plastic sealed containers that are a little larger at the bottom than at the top so as to prevent tipping in a flood. Not sure if those will be easy to find, though.

Heavier at the bottom, not larger dimensionally (that will work against you)...the lower the center of gravity, the better