Eddy

Default Q: Capstan motor replacement on Yamaha Multitrack

I have a Yamaha MT8X multitrack deck, the capstan motor has failed.
The 12Vdc capstan servo motor drives a capstan drum with a belt, I
replaced the belt but the motor is really defective. I removed the
motor, applied 12Vdc to it and I have to spin the pulley with my
fingers to get it going, but it stops turning after few seconds. This
is a MMI-6H2LWK motor that turns at 3.75ips, I have in my possesion
what looks like a direct replacement a Mabuchi motor EG-530KD-2B the
specs show it turns at 1600/3200Rpm but don't know for sure if its a
direct replacement, does anyone know if it is? or could help me figure
it out?

Thanks for the help/suggestions