Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:35:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

THanks to all for all the info. This is far more than I found searching online. Consumers really do understand tech and what to do to help themselves! Thanks!

For plain old telephone:

Off hook 5 VDC
On hook 48 VDC
Ring 105 VAC

IIRC, red to ground should show power.

My Grandpa's phone had ceramic copper tip fuses. He would pull them
out to keep my siblings from talking to long on the phone. If he hid
the fuses my brother would use table forks instead of the fuses. Had
to get them out before he came home. I got bit a few times, standing
in a rain puddle and plugging a fork in. I only hurts a little bit.