Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny DiAmico[_2_] Danny DiAmico[_2_] is offline

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:07:35 -0400, clare wrote:

I wouldn't buy the duet anyways - there were too many reported
problems with the model when we bought our new washer/drier pair about
5 years ago.

Besides the drain cap breaking in half when I removed it today (leaving
the important half stuck solid inside the drain tube):
http://b28i.imgup.net/broken_plu6163.gif

I noticed why the detergent dispenser hasn't been working for the past
two years!
http://p82i.imgup.net/dispenser5571.gif

The dispenser arm had completely come off its pivot point!
http://u13i.imgup.net/diispenser3376.gif

That's not the problem, but, it does show a bad design for the
arm. I don't know how it goes back but it looks pretty easy to
put together (after I clean it up with some vinegar later).

Here's how I "think" it goes back together, but I'm not gonna
worry about it right now as that is not the problem I'm trying
to solve at the moment:
http://s48i.imgup.net/armputback931f.gif

BTW, does anyone know if there is anything holding the lever to
the pivot point? Is it just a press fit? No bolt?