Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny DiAmico[_2_] Danny DiAmico[_2_] is offline

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 22:04:50 -0400, clare wrote:

Except when I posted the OP had not been able to find any error codes.

That was my mistake to not have the F28 error code earlier, and I'm sorry
I didn't have that information for you when I last posted. The instructions
given were for a *newer* model washer, so I had to wait until I found
the instructions hidden inside my washer to generate that F28 code.
http://v62i.imgup.net/instruccti9bd5.gif

That one error code for the Whirlpool duet sport WFW8410SW washer
was F28, which is a communication error between the computer board
(CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) and perhaps the lower and
back panel grounding switches.
http://g31i.imgup.net/f28d702.gif

The ground straps seem to have good contact, so, I think it's
the MMU or the CCU but I don't know yet what to do next.
http://u33i.imgup.net/groundstraebd1.gif

I wiggled all the wires of the CCU, to no avail:
http://h65i.imgup.net/ccub218.gif

And I wiggled all the wires around the surprisingly small motor
noting that the belt seemed to be intact and in good shape:
http://a26i.imgup.net/motor8386.gif