Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny DiAmico[_2_] Danny DiAmico[_2_] is offline

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:28:49 -0700, Uncle Monster wrote:

It appears that an engineer was thinking the day that was added.
I wonder how hard he/she/it had to argue with the bean counters to
justify the extra cost? ^_^

Yeah. It was nice the door opened so easily with that pull tab
made expressly for that purpose.
http://c74i.imgup.net/pulltab19b0a.gif

All I needed to do was remove the lower panel, which contained
this instruction manual, hidden inside:
http://v62i.imgup.net/instruccti9bd5.gif

Then, there was this drain plug:
http://t23i.imgup.net/drain27a1.gif

Which, when loosened, leaked very little water (1/4 inch or so):
http://t41i.imgup.net/leak5a84.gif

Unfortunately, the drain plug broke in half when I twisted it out:
http://b28i.imgup.net/broken_plu6163.gif

So I will have to deal with that problem later.