Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:45:51 PM UTC-5, Danny DiAmico wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 01:09:48 -0700, Don Y wrote:

Note the procedure must be followed "to the letter".
Also note the serial numbers for which that document applies.
There are probably different sequences required to activate
these modes on different versions of the "same" product
(model numbers and names are only loosely correlated).

I think the problem is that those (otherwise very nice)
diagnostic-test instructions are for a newer model, as mine
is a Duet Sport model number WFW8410SW.

I didn't have this information before, because the door
won't open (which is where the sticker is); but I checked
my records and my duet is the "8410", which doesn't
have the blueish display screen that you see in the ones
described at that (otherwise nice) web page.

Do *any* of the buttons respond (by changing the displayed
indicators) -- or are the displays "frozen", regardless of
what you do?

All the buttons do all the right things. Everything lights
up normally when I press the buttons. The only things that
don't work, really, is that the door is locked and the
washer won't start when I press the Start button.

All indicators respond normally otherwise.

I was just thinking if the door latch is out of adjustment just a little, the interlock could keep the washer from starting. I'd try banging on the door latch with my fist to see if that could be the problem. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Banging Monster