Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green value for money

On Saturday, 23 April 2016 02:00:01 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

So I don't see the EU as teh great leap forward others claim.

It clearly was with the complete freedom of
movement of EU citizens anywhere within the EU.

and electric light was a wonder too 100 years ago, not so amazing now.

It wouldn't have with complete freedom of movement of EU citizens.

In fact since the war there has been much less freedom
of movement between countrys outside the EU and even
of commonwealth citizens to Britain.

So...

just like supersocnic flight wouldn;t have happened without the EU
!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah we were talking, trading and even
working togther in Europe BEFORE the EU,

And endless wars between european countrys
in almost every generation.

yes that;s an important point and we didn't join in with the Nazis in germany in order to change them. France didn't join the Nazi's .
How many joined the Nazis in Europe ?

You shouldn't join a group with the aim of changing them.
Poeple don't join football clubs so they can play basketball instead.

if you join a rambling club you leabr to walk long istances not expect the club to take up your hobby of hang gliding.

why is that forgotten.

Same reason you have forgotten those wars.

They aren't forgotten.

We could build a plane together fastest in the
world beating the USA and every other country.

That never happened. Concorde was
only the fastest PASSENGER plane.

Only the fastest passenger plane yes built before the EU.
Almost 4 years before we joined the EU.

And wouldn't have happened without the EEC/EU anyway.

yes it would.

Airbus in spades.

China and the USA mostly

if concord had have just been completed today everyone
would say it's because we are in the EU that we can do this.

And they'd be right.

Wrong as usual.