Niel A. Farrow

Default Any thoughts for covering internal bricks walls?

In article ,
BillR wrote:
jak wrote:
Hi all,

Any thoughts or suggestions for the following.

My house is a traditional 1940's 3 bed-semi, with a "lean-to/utility"
on the side.

Want to decorate this "lean-to" and change it from being just a brick
outhouse to a nice utility room. I've already made a false floor to
raise it level with the kitchen / front & back doors, now I looking
to cover the brick walls.

The "lean-to/utility" side is about 17ft by 5ft.

I thought of plasterboarding the whole utility room but I think it
will cost alot to have the whole room skimmed by a plasterer.

I had thought of painting straight onto plasterboard or even
wallpapering (but worried it maybe too damp/or not suitable for
wallpaper).

Any other thoughts for cover the walls?

Textured paint?
Thats what I used on what was an outside wall and is now one wall of my
utility room.
The other walls, in what is now a study, I battened and covered with
plasterboard.

I'm just about to cover the inside brick walls of my outhouse with
polystyrene backed insulation board. Comes in a variety of thicknesses.
I'm using 8' x 4' sheets of 22 mm thick (£9.85 incl. vat) and 40 mm
(£15.82 incl vat) from a local BM. Phone around for best prices. Use
plasterboard adhesive to stick it to the walls.
Neil