Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Green value for money

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 22 April 2016 16:31:38 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 22 April 2016 13:22:09 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 22 April 2016 10:44:15 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Fredxxx

wrote:
Creating ill feeling amongst countries does. Giving employment
foreigners from developing ****ries over the indigenous
population
and depressing wages exacerbates the ill feeling.

But not to those who benefit from those immigrants.

If you removed all immigrants, the country would grind to a halt.
The notion that there are UK nationals who would fill all the
jobs
left vacant is nonsense.

Yep if all the Polish left (as an example) who would work in all
the
Polish shops selling Polish produce ?

But, you have to remember that a lot of Poles came here in 1945.

So why weren't there loads of Polski Sklep in those times ?

There quite a few.

Quite a few in teh UK London or my high street/road ?

Mind you getting products from Poland in those days
might have been difficult - Iron Curtain and all that entailed.

As was a lot of things.

Why are there so few people in them, I'm expecting in a few years if
anyone bothers to look into it you;ll find it's a money laundering scam
for a lot of those shops.

I wonder if they'll all close down if we leave the EU where will they
get
their produce from when Poland refuse to sell it to their citizens in
the
UK because we are no longer in the EU. we weren't in the EU in 1945
either were we.

since it didn't exist it would have been rather difficult.

So I don;lt see the EU as teh great leap forward others claim.

It clearly was with the complete freedom of
movement of EU citizens anywhere within the EU.

Technology, transport, is what has imporved.

That too.

If they'd just stop making claims about the EI, we wouldn;t
have thios or we wouldn;t have that, it'd happen anyway

It wouldn't have with complete freedom of movement of EU citizens.

In fact since the war there has been much less freedom
of movement between countrys outside the EU and even
of commonwealth citizens to Britain.

just like supersocnic flight wouldn;t have happened without the EU
!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah we were talking, trading and even
working togther in Europe BEFORE the EU,

And endless wars between european countrys
in almost every generation.

why is that forgotten.

Same reason you have forgotten those wars.

We could build a plane together fastest in the
world beating the USA and every other country.

That never happened. Concorde was
only the fastest PASSENGER plane.

And wouldn't have happened without the EEC/EU anyway.

Airbus in spades.

if concord had have just been completed today everyone
would say it's because we are in the EU that we can do this.

And they'd be right.