Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default New term learned - source of machine screws?

David wrote:
Just learned the term "cheese head" with regard to machine screws.

From Googling I think I need a couple of stainless steel M3 cheese head
machine screws 8mm long with matching lock nuts.

Searching for them, and reading the detailed measurement charts, has been
an eye opener. Loads of obscure but helpful detail, including the depth of
the slot and of the head.

However the sites I've found so far seem to deal in boxes of 1,000 (or 500
if I am lucky) which seems a waste as I only need 2.

Is there any supplier of machine screws which will sell them in small
quantities?

Google, as usual.....

Cheers

Dave R

Most of mine are Pan Head rather than a true cheese head.
If that will do and I have the length you want, I could pop a couple in
the post to you?

Bob