Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD Rewinder

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 05:35:02 +1000, Heisenberg
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:18:00 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:31:46 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Spring loaded test probe/pin:
https://www.tindie.com/products/upgradeindustries/10x-spear-tip-spring-loaded-pogo-test-pin-p160-b-/

More... The magic buzzword is "pogo pin":
https://www.google.com/search?q=pogo+pin&tbm=isch
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=pogo+pin
Note that there are also receptacles (sockets) for the pins, to make
them easy to replace:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=pogo+pin+receptacle
Lots of different sizes and tip types.

Once you get into using these pins, you'll find yourself addicted.

Are you familiar with IDS and wirewrap?

Insulation Displacement Something. Yep, been there with every ribbon
cable connector. I even have the proper IDS compression tools for
most of the connectors used in PC's.

Wire Wrap. Yep, I still have my spools of #30 wire, which I now use
for soldering breadboards. I still have my manual tools as I sold my
battery operated wire wrap gun.

Now, are you familiar with my policy of ignoring one line questions?
The problem is that one line questions usually lack any content,
value, understand, detail, and are generally not worth reading. Since
your nom de plume implies uncertainty, I'll make an exception this
time.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D