Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wheelbarrow loads

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 11:37:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:23:39 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 4/21/2016 8:20 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:59:38 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

You've just conceded that volume is NOT what counts -- as the density of
the material also plays a role (feathers, gold bullion, cement, etc.)

I imagine they are assuming most users are going to be carrying around
yard waste, mulch and other things that are not that dense. If a
homeowner is using a wheelbarrow for concrete, they are usually mixing
it in the wheelbarrow and that will be a bag or 2 at a time. That is
about all you can work.

Homeowners aren't the only folks who buy wheelbarrows.

They are the ones most likely to buy a cheap one. A good one is not
going to break with any load a user can pick up. I have seen them
loaded to the brim with concrete, too much to actually move without
spilling it but the wheelbarrow was fine.

g: Give up. Don doesn't care about your answers, he only cares about
his question. It's his typical "I asked a specific question and not only
won't I tell you why I asked that question, I also don't want to hear
anything that doesn't answer my exact question."

Just tell him that the industry standard for the average wheelbarrow
is 674.32 lbs and be done with it.