Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MJC MJC is offline

Default DVD Rewinder

In article t,
says...

In article ,
says...

Some types of anti static bag defeat the security tag detectors in shop
doorways.

The motivation behind making them so readily available is anyone's guess.

Yesterday I had to go through a metal detector to get into the court
house. Even had to remove my belt so the buckle would not set it off.

Got me to thinking that iron and steel effect radio tuned circuits one
way and brass and maybe some other materials affect it the other way.

Could someone have say a knife with a steel blade and an matching amount
of brass go through the detector with out setting it off ?

When you write "affect"/"effect" I take it you mean altering the
resonance. It would be foolish to measure only resonance without also
measuring Q, which would certainly be altered by metals.

Mike.