Active8

Default Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 02:52:49 -0800, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dark
Remover" said...

snip massive headers. christ on a crutch! did we need all that
info?

R1/R2 = 5

---
R2/R1 = 5

Not always. (;-)

---
I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere... :-)

I meant that for 6V in and 5V into Rl, R2 = 5R1.

OK, let's go on in the same vein. R2 is not always 5R1; it might be 5R6
or even 47K. (;-)

But Mr. Wizard, this *package* says 502 and this one's on
psychedelics.

Why won't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?

Man, what did I start? Buncha pedants.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

BTW, I scrapped a couple old half gig hard drives, and took out the
magnets. Those things are powerfull little devils! Made out of
Nicodemus

LOL i love it! Neodymium or Neodium (either a misspell or a TM).
Good one, man.

Nostrildumbass. I love playing with woids.

Bone swar, moan sewer.

or some other exotic sounding materials. ;-) But I held
the magnet to the platter and it literally won't even attract the
plated coating on the aluminum. I guess it's so thin that it's like
it's not even there!

Yup. I read an article about IBM developing a new process where
it's so excruciatingly absoposifriggintutely thin that it doubles
the density. They should've been out by now. Another article/AD
(EDN or something) described a process to photoetch(?) the R/W
heads, too. I think it was a matrix of heads.

BTW. I said I was "thinking" series pass reg b4. I think I've never
seen one drop 6V to 5V, either. I figgered since you already had a
trans and a hulking ww pot and were thinking zener...

Now you're talking about size and RF modulator which you never
mentioned. What gives, Watson?

--
Best Regards,
Mike