Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD Rewinder

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:44:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

THEY CAME IN AN ANTI STATIC BAG !

Anti-static bags don't work. I put one of my radio designs inside
such a bag and all I heard out of the speaker was the same old static.

I like the DVD rewinder, but can't you just insert the CD upside-down
and play it again to rewind it?

You really need anti-static bags for protecting clip leads.
Atmospheric electricity increases at the rate of about 30 volts/ft[1].
If you're 6ft tall, there should be 180 volts between your head and
your toes. If you bridge this voltage with one of your new clip
leads, it will surely create a spark. With the typical low quality of
Chinese clip leads, that would probably blow the wire as if it were a
fuse.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_electricity
"...the potential, aka 'voltage', increases with altitude at about
30 volts per foot (100 V/m)..."

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558