Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default $1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as "Role Model" for States

In article , says...

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:11:14 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

and my rifles [they're good for home protection]

... just wait until I snatch it from you, slap you and have you sit in
the corner.

Clowns like you can't figure out how far a rifle round travels in the
hallway or small space of a house. Get back to me.

The trouble with rifles is that while (he/she/it) is getting it turned
around to point at me I'll put a full clip into them . And as you say ,
there is that pesky penetration problem .

It all depends on the rifle and ammo. Using 223/556 round int eh evel
assualt rifle with soft point ammo will often not penetrate as much as
many hand guns.

If you have never tried it, set a target out about 20 feet away (
normally about as far as any shot in most homes). Make that target a
sheet of cardboard. Then about a foot behind it, set another piece of
cardboard. The bullet will hit the first cardboard, come apart and the
second piece will look like it was hit with a shotgun. Those fragments
have very little enegery left. In a house something similar will hapen.
It will hit the first piece of wall and break up. The handgun bullets
will penetrate several layers of wall.