Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default If there's one thing that turns my stomach, it's cat poo on the lawn before mowing

In article ,
alan_m wrote:

... ****ing antisocial cat owners that cannot be bothered to
look after their pets.

I've only read a dozen responses out of 81 -- life being too short and
all that, but:

I ABSOLUTELY agree with your disgust and your sentiments alan_m, except
for the last one (above). And I am a cat owner -- we inherited a cat
from our son who came home for a few months "between moves" and left his
cat with us, about six years ago.

Leaving aside everything else that could be said about cats: we have a
lovely big garden, but there is NO WAY that we can control where the
effing cat ****s. (Nor, unfortunately all the other effing cats round
about, who seem to like our garden.)

Due to the awful sodding, sodden winter we've had, the cat stopped going
outside and I had to institute an effing litter tray (which *I*, not the
wife, have to look after[1]). Sometime the cat uses it, sometimes it
doesn't: there is simply no rhyme or reason to the way the buggers
behave.

My point is: a cat owner can be as socially aware as you would wish, but
they cannot control where the cat ****s.

Personally I think that domestic pets should be banned entirely; keep em
back on the farm, where they belong, and contribute.

John

[1] Although I get far less (i.e. zero) out of the cat than my wife, and
although it prefers her company to mine, I seem to be the one who does
all the logistical support. And before you tell me: No, I can't get it
put down! Though I've come close to hitting it with a a Number One
shovel.