ROBMURR

Default Troubleshooting treadmill motor help Fixed.

Well I determined thru testing that it looked like the controller and motor
were
doing their job so I looked to the belt and
deck for some friction problems...Well
someone had slopped on some kind of
wax that once warm would start to stick!
It held dirt too and dirt/wax was stuck to
the back of the belt also!
So I tore it all down and tried to remove the
wax..I used a heat gun,putty knife, citrus
cleaner, wire brush, 409, carb cleaner,
castrol super cleaner and 1500 grit sand
paper! nothing worked. Tried a product
called Greased Lightning and a scrub pad
and it came right off! Took the belt to the
car wash and used the greased lightning
on it and hot high pressure water and it
cleaned up nicely. Now I have taken the
clean deck board and used some 1500
grit sandpaper to smooth it and then used
some Pledge furniture wax with an orbital
buffer for a super slick board and it works
as well as it ever did now! I also lubed the
rollers but they were pretty smooth any
way. I also used some automotive belt
dressing on the drive belt, it wont slip
with that stuff on there.
Thanks for the replys.