Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default SECUROGLIDE roller garage door replacement magnet?

On 16/04/2016 15:15, wrote:
I've managed to break off and lose the lower magnet on my roller door. When closing it now takes many short stages to close the door. Replacement magnets seem very hard to find, even on eBay - anyone got and ideas?
Cheers
Will

What size/shape is the magnet? And what/how is it controlling on the
door? Is it something like an end stop detector?

If just controlling a magnetic switch then possibly any magnet will do
assuming that you can fit it in the correct position.

If you need a magnet with a plastic case fittings try magnetic door catches
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/magnetic-door-catch

or burglar alarm window detector switches, one half being a magnet.