Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SECUROGLIDE roller garage door replacement magnet?

I've managed to break off and lose the lower magnet on my roller door. When closing it now takes many short stages to close the door. Replacement magnets seem very hard to find, even on eBay - anyone got and ideas?
Cheers
Will
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Got any old radios? Butcher the speaker for its magnet.

Fridge magnets can be surprisingly useful as well.
However if its to pull in a corner at the last minute it might actually be
two magnets one on the door and one on the mechanism.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 16/04/2016 15:15,
wrote:
I've managed to break off and lose the lower magnet on my roller door.
When closing it now takes many short stages to close the door.
Replacement magnets seem very hard to find, even on eBay - anyone got and
ideas?
Cheers
Will

What size/shape is the magnet? And what/how is it controlling on the
door? Is it something like an end stop detector?

If just controlling a magnetic switch then possibly any magnet will do
assuming that you can fit it in the correct position.

If you need a magnet with a plastic case fittings try magnetic door
catches
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/magnetic-door-catch

or burglar alarm window detector switches, one half being a magnet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 16 April 2016 at 15:16:00 UTC+1, wrote:

I've managed to break off and lose the lower magnet on my roller door. When closing it now takes many short stages to close the door. Replacement magnets seem very hard to find, even on eBay - anyone got and ideas?
Cheers
Will

I too seem to have lost the lower magnet from my roller door.
It seems a waste to replace units and remote controllers so Ive
Ordered neodymium magnets 12 mm dia by 3 mm ...
Hope this will work.

Cheers Paul.
Now living in Romsey.

Garage roller shutter door kev UK diy 3 October 20th 14 08:46 PM
seceuroglide roller garage door Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 2 January 18th 14 06:21 PM
garage roller door motors? Richard UK diy 3 December 13th 06 03:20 PM
Insulated Garage Roller Door.. Spike UK diy 5 September 9th 06 12:05 AM
Patio gliding door roller replacement Mikepier Home Repair 4 June 16th 05 11:46 AM