BigWallop

Default Wiring an Immersion Heater Timer

"Nathan" wrote in message
om...
I've got a digital immersion heater timer I want to install, but it's
not clear from the instructions how to wire it in. Others I've seen
have been very simple - supply here and appliance here. But this one
is much more confusing.

It has 5 terminals labeled:
L N COM NO NC

Your Live is connected to the "L" connection along with a jumper link, of
the size cable, to the "COM" terminal.

Your neutrals, both of them, are placed together in the "N" connection.

The live supply to the heater element is taken from the "NO" (normally open)
connection.

The "NC" (normally closed) connection doesn't need to be used.

The earth connections should be taken to a separate terminal block connector
if there is no provision for it inside the new timer unit..