Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default new washer rant

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:31:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/14/2016 10:11 AM, wrote:

This morning's load got me calling for service.
I chose quick-wash then selected heavy load and extra rinse -
this resulted in a 28 minute cycle according to the display.
After about 12 minutes of wash cycle the clothes were not wet -
I even paused & opened the door to check - mostly dry.
I closed the door & resumed the wash - it gave one more short
fill - washed for about 1 minute - still mostly dry clothes -
then started to drain .. Crikey ! - for all the fancy "smart"
features that these machines have - wouldn't you think that
water-level might play an important part in the process ?
Not to mention that all the extra unnecessary washing time
is actually wasting energy and contributing to the premature
demise of the machine.
If the service tech can get the "dry wash" fill-up time down to
5 minutes or so - fine - 15 minutes is absurd.
John T.

Wait until you get a new dishwasher. They can take 4 hours to save energy.

You really don't need much water to properly clean clothes. We have a
top loader and it rotates the tub and sprays water over the clothes.
Once wet, the solution is soaking the dirt and getting loose to move
off in the rinse cycle. Before you rant, find out if the clothes are
getting clean, that is what counts.

I'm not comparing damp to wet here ...
the load was mostly dry = un touched by any amount of H2O -
after 12 - 15 minutes of "washing".
John T.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---