Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a Sacrificial anode on a car to suppress or at least help prevent rusting

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:56:49 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 12:07:05 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

'Dunno. It's an interesting idea. But having worked on some large
boats, and having placed as many as six anodes on a hull to keep the
current paths through the water within protected range, I have a hard
time imagining how it would work on a car. But then, I haven't seen it
or done it.

--
Ed Huntress

I imagine you could get a bunch of magnesium fire starters like Harbor Freight sells and cut each one into three pieces , put a hole thru each piece and attach with self tapping screws. Then you could have one mounted close to every part of the car. But it would be a lot less work to paint places that need protection.

Dan

Hear Hear!!