Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:02:42 -0700, "Tony944" wrote:

wrote in message

On Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 2:58:42 AM UTC+1, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

please can u get back to me re weather or not I can use 02 industrial oxygen
for my ozone generator.. I usually use 02 medical oxygen....but the machine
convert,s it . thankyou can u get back to me

Yes it is big difference , Medical oxygen is purified and clean from any
other gases.
While industrial oxygen it is not and it is not recommended for breathing
use.

Actually the reverse is true, if anything.ndustrial Oxygen
specifications are VERY stringent. A bit od Co2 ir Nitrogen in
breathing oxygen is not a problem - in industrial oxygen it can be
VERY critical.